Nothing is more disappointing than failing to catch a fish while sailing across the island. The reason behind this failure can be anything, right from poor fishing skills to the difficulty in catching due to rising pollution in the water bodies. And, studies point more towards the latter one.
So, help people make their fishing time enjoyable, technology has added another asset to the industry: Humminbird 409620-1 HELIX 5 DI Fish Finder. There are countless other features along with down imaging and GPS that enables the fisherman to fish easily in freshwater and saltwater.
I/ Benefits and Features of Humminbird 409620-1 Helix 5DI
1/ Many benefits that you avail
The list of benefits offered by this product is actually endless. However, below mentioned are to name a few.
- Pocket-friendly price
- Supports comprehensive features
- Reliable and durable
- Features state-of-the-art technologies
- Compatible with HotMaps, Lake Master, Navioinics Gold, and AutoChart.
- Easy to install, easy to use
2/ Prominent features
The dual beam, down imaging filtered with Switch Fire technology enables the fisherman to adjust the sensitivity to right tune the returns that is displayed on the 5 “LED-backlit display”, using Clear and Max modes.
- The dual beam plus sonar facilitates detailed and wide coverage area. The narrow-beam can be used for high accuracy while the wide can be used for wide search area.
- It comes up with the an amazing, clear representation of the bottom as it has RMS electronic energy output of 500W, and a peak output of 4000W.
- It enables the fisherman to cover images at multiple angles including 75,45,28, 16. This further facilitates managing the coverage to suit the desired depth and angling situations for the top-returns.
- The internal GPS antenna will let you know the current position as well as the speed at which you are going.
- The built-in UniMap cartography gives access to high resolution maps of waterways across the US without any hassles. In addition, using micro SD card slot helps in saving further waypoints.
II/ Guidlines of use and maintainace
1/ How to use the Humminbird 409620-1 HELIX 5 DI Fish Finder
When packaged, the fish finder is separated from the mounting bracket. So, to assemble it again, use mounting knobs, screwdriver, washers, and screws to attach it again to the bracket.
- Using an electric drill, now mount it on the boat at the desired angle and at the most convenient position
- Press the power button on. It will display the current water environment over it is situated. You will have to wait for a few seconds until it starts.
- The screen will help you know the kind of terrain you are sailing on. Thin, thick, jagged lines will show that you are floating over hard, soft and rocky terrains, respectively.
- Fish will appear as elongated ovals. So, you can stop accordingly.
- You can then press “Mark” button on the keypad to save the location for further reference. In case, you want to review the screen, press “Freeze” button. Similarly, for better view, press “Zoom”.
2/ Maintenance Methods
No doubt, Humminbird fish finders are made to render you hassle-free fishing experience for years. To ensure, it keeps on delivering top performance for countless years further, here are few maintenance tips to remember.
- Remove the batteries from the case in case of leakages, and if you are storing the case for a longer period of time.
- If the portable case comes in contact with salty spray, clean it with damp cloth immediately.
- Do not keep it in closed container as high temperatures damage the electronic parts of the device quite often.
III/ Advantages and Disadvantages of this product
- You get big features at the lowest possible price
- It supports high resolution display, which is usually not available in fish finders at this price
- It is non networkable, eventually paving the way for a pocket-friendly price
- It is easy to mount, and that too with a plastic gimbal mount
- It facilitates GPs mapping, which is very useful while fishing
- It stops marking the fish after certain depth level of water, which is usually after 200 feet (60 meters)
- In order to avail more benefits of cartography, you have to purchase a higher version, which will cost you a few more bucks.
- It does not include maps of European waters, so people sailing across European water bodies will have to look for another Humminbird fish finder.
IV/ Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q)
When you buy any product, countless doubts hover over the buyer’s mind. Same is the case with Humminbird 409620-1 HELIX 5 DI .
So, here are some of the common questions that every Humminbird buyer generally wants to know. Take a look.
1) Q: Does the Humminbird fish finder visually store the entire course?
A: Yes, it does. In fact, it stores every track that you traverse so that you can use it for reference anytime in future.
2) Q: Does it include transducer?
A: Yes, it includes a transducer, which has sensors for temperature. Therefore, you will not have to buy in addition.
3) Q: Where to mount the transducer?
A: The transducer in the fish finder has to be mounted in a bracket, which is not available with the device. You have to purchase it separately.
4) Q: How does it perform in depths up to 50 meters?
A: It actually performs great, and you will never face any problem is viewing things under water up to 60 meters of depth.
Humminbird 409620-1 HELIX 5 DI Fish Finder is an amazing product in stores. Once you learn about the product, you will definitely experience wonderful time fishing. Its richness in features is one of the best things that enable you to fish in deep waters without any hassles.
So, buy the product and get set for a amazing time fishing, right now!