Detecting fish with the help of a fish finder is really an amazing experience. But if suddenly fish finder turns off how will you feel? Definitely you will be pissed off. Nonetheless, it is a common problem that almost every angler comes across; the moment the motor is ignited fish finder turns off, leaving the angler simply clueless. Usually you will feel like blaming the store owner from where you have purchased the device but basically the story is something else. When you go on fishing especially drift fishing and when you try to motor back, it may happen that the unit goes off automatically.
You are sure to wonder about the reasons; few such reasons are described below:
Things To Check
- You need to check the condition of the battery, you need to ensure that it has sufficient life and for that you need to test its capacity, now maximum battery shops will do the test without asking a dime.
- Now when you will be doing a draw down test, the test will show you whether the batter is operating functionally or it is likely to operate in different direction.
- Now if the battery test shows Ok then you need to cut off the finder power source from the battery
- The moment you are igniting the depth finder or circuit for initiating the engine the power will be pulled down. .
- It will be giving you some low voltage condition on the fish finder. The moment you find the circuit for the depth finder is separated, then you must make sure that upgrading to a battery could be done with a higher rating.
Right before planning any fishing trip you need to make sure that your battery is running uninterrupted and you are not at any point be facing any detrimental situation. So if you find your motor is stopping suddenly and you can not do anything on your own, without wasting a moment you should interact with a professional and fix the deficiencies.